Love God, Love others
We are Emmaus Youth (grades 6-12) which is from Luke 24 where Jesus walks with two disciples on the road to Emmaus.
Luke 24:13-15 - Now that same day two of them were going to a village called Emmaus, about seven miles from Jerusalem. They were talking with each other about everything that had happened. As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them.
Our goal is to walk with Jesus through life together, like He walked with the disciples.
Vision: To help our friends take one step closer to Jesus every day
We are seeking to live a faith that moves our hearts to have the mind of Christ, and also moves our hands to be Jesus in the world.
Friday nights have either large group fun and serving activities, or small group meetings where we split to jr/sr guys and girls and talk about life and faith. Both are fun as we strive for connection with God and each other.
On Sunday mornings, we have three ministry times for teens from grade 6-12 in room 211 upstairs:
- 9:30-10:45am - Cantonese Service (Youth class upstairs)
- 11:10-12:20pm - English Service
- 1:00-2:15pm - Mandarin Service (Youth class upstairs)
Join our group and get updates!
If you're new, fill in our In-Take form at http://bit.ly/EmmausIntake. You'll also be able to join our weekly email list when we have your contact info there.
- Vision - We are working through our Operation Christmas Child campaign this November. Normally, people pack boxes on their own and come with filled boxes, but this year, we'll be assembling 400 boxes as one church, on one night!
- Packing date - On Saturday, November 18th, all teens and parents, children and seniors, English, Mandarin and Cantonese are invited to come at 1-4pm as we work as an assembly line to pack the 400 boxes together.
- Fundraising - We also have a $4000 fundraising goal to send the 400 boxes. You can donate online at this link, or cash on Sundays at the church.
- Bottle Drive - On November 5th and 12th, we'll also be taking bottles and cartons as recycling donations to help raise the $4000.
- Boxes and supplies donations - We will still give out empty boxes, as well as receive packed boxes on Sundays (the last day is Nov 20th). You can also donate shoebox items for the 400 boxes on Sunday (toothbrushes, school supplies, crafts, hygiene items).
- For more info, go to our site. Our hope and prayer is that we as a youth group and our families would participate in this together!
Calendar Fall 2023
Every Friday at 7pm at the church will be a youth night. Contact Pastor Matt for the info about what's going on!
11/10/2023 Small Groups - Session 3
11/17/2023 Setup for OCC + Chill Night - Click here for info on Operation Christmas Child
11/24/2023 Small Groups - Session 4
12/1/2023 Ambrose Night
12/8/2023 Small Groups - Session 5
12/15/2023 Game Show Night
12/22/2023 Christmas Party
For info on our youth:
- Email - You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
- Discord - Contact Pastor Matt at "coomomogee" to connect to our Discord channel.
- Instagram Feel free to follow us at sga.emmaus for announcements on our latest events.